Affiliated Faculty, Bioengineering
Professor, Physical Therapy, Movement, and Rehabilitation Sciences
- 308F Robinson Hall
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
musculoskeletal disorders; work place injury prevention and health; occupational biomechanics; biomechanics of human movement
- PhD University of California, Berkeley, 1996
- MS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- BS: State University of New York at Buffalo
- Co-PI HSPH Center for Work, Health, and Wellbeing, a NIOSH Total Worker HealthCenter of Excellence
- Consortium Member: Center for Construction Research and Training(CPWR).
- Faculty Mentor: Injury Prevention Research Training Program, NIOSH Harvard Education and Research Center.
- Faculty Mentor Clinical Orthopedic Musculoskeletal Education and Training Program, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Advisory Board Member, Occupational Health Surveillance Program, Department of Public Health, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- P.C. Dixon, L. Stirling, X. Xu , C.C. Chang, J.T. Dennerlein, J.M. Schiffman, Aging May Negatively Impact Movement Smoothness During Stair Negotiation, Human Movment Science, 60, 2018, 78-86
- J.H. Kim, L.S. Marin, J.T. Dennerlein, Evaluation of Commercially Available Seat Suspensions to Reduce Whole Body Vibration Exposures in Mining Heavy Equipment Vehicle Operators, Applied Ergonomics, 71, 2018, 78-86
- L.S. Marin, A. Rodriguez, E. Rey, H. Piedrahita, L.H. Barrero, J.T. Dennerlein, P.W. Johnson, Assessment of Whole Body Vibration Exposure in Heavy Equipment Mining Vehicles, Annals of Work Exposures and Health, 61(6), 2017, 669-680
- M.Y. Lin, A. Barbir, J.T. Dennerlein, Evaluating Biomechanics of USer-Selected Sitting and Standing Computer Workstation, Applied Ergonomics, 2017
- D.S. Asakawa, J.T. Dennerlein, D.L. Jundrich, Index Finger and Thumb Kinematics and Performance Measurements for Common Touchscreen Gestures, Applied Ergonomics, 58, 2017, 176-181
- J.T. Dennerlein, E.T. O’Day, D.F. Mulloy, J. Somerville, A.M. Stoddard, C. Kenwood, E. Teeple, L.I. Boden, G. Sorensen, D. Hashimoto, Lifting and Exertion Injuries Decrease After Implementation of an Integrated Hopsital-Wide Safe Patient Handling and Mobilization Program, Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 74(5), 2017, 336-343
- J.H. Lee, D.S. Asakawa, J.T. Dennerlein, D.L. Jindrich, Finger Muscle Attachments for an OpenSim Upper-extremity Model, PLoS One, 10(4), 2015, e0121712
Apr 09, 2019
25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.
Mar 22, 2016
23 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY17 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing over $600K dollars of investment in research.