Design and decision-making under uncertainty, machine learning and data analysis, Bayesian statistics, multidisciplinary design optimization, autonomous and cyber-physical systems
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering (Minor in Applied Statistics), Texas A&M University, 2019
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2016
- M.Sc., Biomedical Engineering, Iran University of Science & Technology, 2014
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran, 2012
Honors & Awards
- Rising Stars in Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, 2020
- Rising Stars in Computational and Data Sciences, Oden Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences at the University of Texas at Austin, 2019
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) Optimization Society
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- S. F. Ghoreishi, R. D. Sochol, D. Gandhi, A. Krieger, and M. Fuge. “Bayesian Optimization for Design of Multi-Actuator Soft Catheter Robots.” IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics, 2021.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, and M. Imani. “Bayesian Surrogate Learning for Uncertainty Analysis of Coupled Multidisciplinary Systems.” Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 2021.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, and M. Imani. “Bayesian Optimization for Efficient Design of Uncertain Coupled Multidisciplinary Systems.” American Control Conference (ACC), IEEE, 2020.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, A. Molkeri, R. Arróyave, D. Allaire, and A. Srivastava. “Efficient Use of Multiple Information Sources in Material Design.” Acta Materialia, 2019.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, S. Friedman, and D. L. Allaire. “Adaptive Dimensionality Reduction for Fast Sequential Optimization with Gaussian Processes.” Journal of Mechanical Design, 2019.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, and D. Allaire. “Multi-Information Source Constrained Bayesian Optimization.” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 2019.
Aug 18, 2021
Fatemeh Ghoreishi joins the Civil and Environmental Engineering department in August 2021 as an Assistant Professor with a joint appointment in Khoury College of Computer Sciences.