Mechanobiology of the smooth muscle, Mechanisms of force transmission in multicellular ensembles, Methods for targeting extracellular matrix for asthma therapy
Joined the Bioengineering department in January 2017.
- PhD, Boston University, 2009
- S.M. Cloonan, K. Glass, A.R. Bhashyam, M.E. Laucho-Contreras, M. Cervo, M.A. Pabon, C. Konrad, F. Polverino, K. Miziumura, M. Ghosh, H. Parameswaran, N.M. Williams, K.T. Rooney, Z.H. Chen, M.P. Goldklang, G. Yuan, S.C. Moore, D.L. Demeo, T.A. Rouault, J.M. D’Armiento, E.A. Schon, G. Manfredi, J. Quackenbush, A. Mahmood, E.K. Silverman, C.A. Owen, A.M. Choi, Mitochondrial Iron Chelation Ameliorates Cigarette Smoke-Induced Bronchitis and Emphysema in Mice, Nature Medicine 22, 2016, 163-174
- B. Suki, H. Parameswaran, J. Imsirovic, E.B. Suki, Regulatory Roles of Fluctuation-Driven Mechanotransduction in Cell Function, Physiology, 31(5), 2016, 346-358
- E.B.Suki, J. Imsirovic, H. Parameswaran, T. Wellman, N Martinez, P.G. Allen, U. Frey, B. Suki, Fluctuation-Driven Mechanotransduction Regulates Mitochondrial-Network Structure and Function, Nature Materials, 14, 2015, 1049-1057
- B. Suki, H. Parameswaran, Computational Modeling Helps Uncover Mechanisms Related to the Progression of Emphysema, Drug Discovery Today, 70(27-28), 2014, 4245-4249
- H. Parameswaran, K.R. Lutchen, B. Suki, A Computational Model of the Response of Adherent Cells to Stretch and Changes in Substrate Stiffness, Journal of Applied Physiology 116(7), 2014, 825-834
- S.R. Polio, H. Parameswaran, E.P. Canovic, D. Stamenovic, M.L. Smith, Topographical Control of Multiple Cell Adhesion Molecules for Traction Force Microscopy, Integrative Biology, 6(3), 2014, 357-365
Apr 09, 2019
25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.
Jan 20, 2017
Harikrishnan Parameswaran joins the Bioengineering department in January 2017 as an Assistant Professor.