Features & Specifications
2,000 square feet (approximately 55 feet x 35 feet)
- Solid, four-foot-thick reinforced concrete slab
- Regular grid of 416 tie-down anchors (26 anchors east to west, 16 anchors south to north) in a 2 foot by 2 foot grid to permit attachment of fixtures to floor for a wide range of tests
- Each anchor point comprises a single threaded hole with removable coupler inserts that enable connection to bars up to 2 inches in diameter,
capable of withstanding forces up to 200,000 lbs.
1,000 square feet (approximately 30 feet x 35 feet)
Regular grid of 56 anchor points in a 4 foot by 4 foot grid to permit attachment of fixtures during construction (seven anchors east to west, eight anchors south to north)
- Each anchor point comprises a single threaded hole for three-quarter inch diameter fasteners.
- Loading dock door - 14 feet wide, 16 feet high - for loading and unloading directly into staging area using overhead crane
- Sufficient space for maneuvering a 60-foot-long specimen into the lab.
Double girder overhead crane with 20-ton capacity
- Movable in two directions with remote control and variable speeds
- Crane access to edges of laboratory and full access to loading dock.
Steel Reaction Frame
Reconfigurable for vertical or horizontal loading
- Can be placed anywhere on the strong floor
- Designed for 1 million pounds of combined loading in fatigue.
NI Compact DAQ Chasseys with C-series modules
- 224 Voltage Channels
- 280 Strain Channels
- Expandable and Portable
- Connected via Ethernet Cable
- 10,000 lb Capacity
- 3-Stage Mast
- Propane Powered
4-Column Load Frame
MTS 311.21 ServoHydraulic Load Frame
- MTS 311 Series
- 110 kip Capacity
- Hydraulic Grips
Fully equipped shop borders strong floor
- Accommodates structural, mechanical and electrical needs
- Adjacent utility room housing air compressor for jackhammers, impact wrenches, vibrators, and sandblasting equipment.
Room with large windows borders strong floor to view lab
- Houses data acquisition equipment, controllers, and computing equipment
- Work area for laboratory users.
- Hydraulic pump and hydraulic service manifolds for hydraulic actuators and testing machines
- Array of actuators with capacities up to 330,000 lbs for cyclic testing
- Hydraulic testing machines for tension and tension/torsion testing
- Data acquisition system with several hundred channels
- Still image and video camera systems for synchronized recording
- Arc welding and torching permitted throughout laboratory
- Concrete pouring area
- Specialized electrical system for all power needs