- This event has passed.
3 Minute Thesis Competition – Video Submission
November 24, 2020
The annual GWiSE 3 Minute Thesis Competition 2020 is finally here! The 3MT is an academic competition that challenges Ph.D. students to describe their research within three minutes. This is a great opportunity to practice pitching your research to a non-specialist audience and to improve your science communication. Northeastern GWiSE and the Northeastern University Library have partnered to make 3 Minute Thesis possible with some pretty cool prizes:
- First place: 100$ Grubhub card, an interview on the Dean’s podcast, 100$ credit for 3D printing at the library
- Second place: 50$ Grubhub card, an interview on the Dean’s podcast, 50$ credit for 3D printing at the library
- Third place: 25$ Grubhub card, an interview on the Dean’s podcast
RSVP to participate here.
More details for submission will be sent to those who RSVP. The deadline for video submission is Tuesday, November 24th via email to email@example.com. Video requirements, 3-minute recording over :
- 1st slide: title and author’s name
- 2nd slide: thesis content
The live event will take place on Wednesday, December 2nd from 2 PM to 4 PM ET on Zoom! All grad students are welcome to attend and/or present. The event will work in this way:
- GWiSE will host the event on Zoom and play prerecorded videos of participants’ explaining their thesis in under 3 minutes
- After each video is shown, the judges will have time to discuss the presentations and assign scores
- GWiSE will proclaim the winners and offer the prizes!
Reminder, please RSVP to participate here. The deadline for video submission is on the 24th of November. To submit your video, send a video file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The actual event is on Wednesday, December 2nd.