Academic Honors Convocation Winners
The Academic Honors Convocation honors those with extraordinary talents in transformative research and scholarship, exceptional teaching and mentoring, and innovation in higher education. Congratulations to our engineering winners.
Presidential Medallion, the university’s top honor
- Bernard M. Gordon, H’07 – The award symbolizes excellence, commitment, and contribution, and is a permanent representation of the holder’s dedication to advance Northeastern. A pioneering engineer and entrepreneur, Gordon is one of Northeastern’s leading benefactors. His recent $10 million gift launched the Gordon Institute of Engineering Leadership and builds on the success of the Gordon Engineering Leadership Program, which he created with a $20 million investment in 2007.
Excellence in Teaching
Students nominate their professors for this award, considering several criteria, including depth of knowledge in the subject and ability to provide effective links to course content, research, and experiential learning.
- Nader Jalili
Undergraduate Student Awards
Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
The most prestigious undergraduate science scholarship in the country
- Emma Kaeli (BS in Chemical Engineering)
Harold D. Hodgkinson Award
One of the highest honors bestowed upon graduating seniors
- Neel P. Shah (BS/MS in ECE)
Robert J. Shillman Award for Engineering Excellence
Presented to engineering and computer science students with the highest cumulative GPAs
- Jonathan Gray (BS in Mechanical Engineering)
- Logan Jackson (BS in Civil Engineering)
- Sean Kerr (BS in Electrical Engineering)
- Joel Shaffer (BS/MS in Civil Engineering)
Graduate Student Awards
Outstanding Graduate Research
Recipients of this award have shown their ability to conduct high-level research and make contributions to the scholarly literature in their field.
- Bolin Hu (PhD in Electrical Engineering)
- Sheng Li (PhD in Computer Engineering)