Theoretical Neuroscience, Bioimaging & Signal Processing, Integrated Modeling, Inference, and Computing.
Ph.D., University of Rhode Island, 1999
- R. Gala, D. Lebrecht, D.A. Sahlender, A. Jorstad, G. Knott, A. Holtmaat, A. Stepanyants, Computer Assisted Detection of Axonal Bouton Structural Plasticity in In Vivo Time-Lapse Images, eLife, 6, 2017, e29315
- B.E.P Mizusaki, A. Stepanyants, D.B. Chklovskii, P.J. Sjöström, Neocortex: A Lean Mean Memory Storage Machine, Nature Neuroscience, 19(5), 2016, 643-644
- J. Chapeton, R. Gala, A. Stepanyants, Effects of Homeostatic Constraints on Associative Memory Storage and Synaptic Connectivity of Cortical Circuits, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 9(74), 2015
- R. Gala, J. Chapeton, J. Jitesh, C. Bhavsar, A. Stepanyants, Active Learning of Neuron Morphology for Accurate Automated Tracing of Neurites, Frontiers in Neuroanatomy, 8(37), 2014
- M.E. Huber, N. Kuznetsov, D. Sternad, Efficient Associative Memory Storage in Cortical Circuits of Inhibitory and Excitatory Neurons, PNAS, 109(51), 2012, E3614–E3622
Apr 09, 2019
25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.