Co-op Information for Employer Partners
For multidisciplinary master’s degree programs in the area of software, data, and network systems
With Northeastern’s Cooperative Education Program, your company can gain access to bright, innovative students who bridge the gap between business, IT, and engineering for short-term projects that will bring your company long-term success.
How Can a Co-op Student Help You Succeed?
- The flexible co-op schedule of 4, 6, or 8 months means that you can decide when and for how long you require additional coverage while saving capital on employee benefits and recruitment costs. Students can also start or end anytime during the summer.
- These second year graduate students already have varying levels of work experience and require little on-the-job training—they are ready to hit the ground running.
- All students have a valid I-20 and are sponsored by Northeastern while on co-op—no visa sponsorship is required.
- Select one or multiple MS students, depending on your needs and the expertise you’re seeking.
- Building early relationships with talented MS students means you’ll have first access to future full-time hires and industry leaders before competitors.
- Plus, when you become a co-op partner of Northeastern University, you’ll work directly with a dedicated Co-op Coordinator to assist you throughout the process. He or she will help you to find the best possible match for your organization, as well as manage your co-op students’ performance throughout the duration of the project.
Your Pipeline to COE’s Talented Students
In addition to the ongoing benefits you’ll receive from working directly with co-op students, you’ll also have access to the College of Engineering’s entire pool of talented undergraduate and graduate students through a variety of events and venues throughout the year:
- Invitations to participate in large-scale career development events at Northeastern, such as the biannual career fair for current engineering students
- Early notification about post-graduation employment recruiting events and job fairs for recent alumni
- Opportunities to create special speaker sessions and on-campus recruiting events through your dedicated Co-op Coordinator
“I was very pleased with the technical background the co-op students possessed and their attitude working with our project leads. They helped our team to achieve the aggressive project time lines.”—Medi Servant, Vice President, Shared Services
Fresenius Medical Care, Lexington, Massachusetts
More Employer Information
Learn more about becoming a co-op employer partner.
Contact a Co-op Coordinator.