Outstanding Cooperative Education Coordinator Award
The Award recognizes and rewards an outstanding College of Engineering Cooperative Education Coordinator for excellence in preparing students for successful cooperative education experiences, developing and maintaining a rich and robust set of opportunities, and providing the support necessary for students to progressively develop education and career skills through their cooperative education experiences. This award is established to honor an individual whose inspiration and contribution to student experiential learning are truly significant.
- All full-time cooperative education faculty in the College of Engineering are eligible.
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years after receiving the award.
All candidates must have demonstrated success as a cooperative education coordinator by demonstrating excellence in:
- developing and teaching cooperative education preparation courses, and/or career and professional preparation courses;
- preparing students for successful cooperative education experiences;
- providing superior service to students by developing and maintaining a rich and robust set of high-quality co-op opportunities;
- supporting students during their co-op assignments;
- monitoring and promoting the development of student skills through appropriate cooperative work experiences;
- developing and maintaining strong relationships with current and prospective co-op employers;
- supporting the College of Engineering and the University in the promotion of strong experiential education opportunities, and the overall reputation of the co-op program;
- representing the Co-op Engineering Group in local, regional, and national associations and venues.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by Engineering students, faculty and department Chairs or Co-op Director. Each nominator, however, may nominate only one employee for this award each year. Once the nomination process has concluded, the respective department chair for each faculty nominee or manager for each staff nominee will be contacted to complete a Recommendation Form before all materials are sent to the appropriate Awards Committee for evaluation.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file submitted through the Faculty Nomination Form (multiple submissions for the same nomination will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- A maximum of three letters of support from colleagues, current or former students and current or former employers.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2023||Lucy Siying Lu||Co-op|
|2021||Kelsey Kaul||MGEN Co-op|
|2020||Jessica Ormsby||CEE Co-op|
|2020||Nathanial Ziegler||MIE Co-op|
|2018||Sally Conant||Global Co-op|