Outstanding Cooperative Education Coordinator Award
The Award recognizes and rewards an outstanding College of Engineering Cooperative Education Coordinator for excellence in preparing students for successful cooperative education experiences, developing and maintaining a rich and robust set of opportunities, and providing the support necessary for students to progressively develop education and career skills through their cooperative education experiences. This award is established to honor an individual whose inspiration and contribution to student experiential learning are truly significant.
- Nominees must have completed at least three consecutive years as a full-time Cooperative Education faculty member in the College of Engineering to be eligible.
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years after receiving the award.
All candidates must have demonstrated success as a cooperative education coordinator by demonstrating excellence in:
- developing and teaching cooperative education preparation courses, and/or career and professional preparation courses;
- preparing students for successful cooperative education experiences;
- providing superior service to students by developing and maintaining a rich and robust set of high-quality co-op opportunities;
- supporting students during their co-op assignments;
- monitoring and promoting the development of student skills through appropriate cooperative work experiences;
- developing and maintaining strong relationships with current and prospective co-op employers;
- supporting the College of Engineering and the University in the promotion of strong experiential education opportunities, and the overall reputation of the co-op program;
- representing the Co-op Engineering Group in local, regional, and national associations and venues.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by Engineering students, faculty and department Chairs or Co-op Director. Each nominator, however, may nominate only one employee for this award each year. Complete nominations are required NO LATER THAN April 8, 2020.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (separate emails will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- a letter of support from the Director of the Engineering Cooperative Education Group, if not included among the nominators above;
- A maximum of three letters of support from colleagues, current or former students and current or former employers.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
|2018||Sally Conant||Global Co-op|