Distinguished Faculty Award
This Award is an honor bestowed by the College of Engineering on those members of the Faculty who have demonstrated exceptional distinction throughout their Northeastern University careers. Such distinction may be achieved through preeminent scholarly accomplishment, leadership in the College and University and exceptional contributions to the scholarly, educational and intellectual life of the College. The designation is an honorific title intended to show the high esteem in which the College holds the recipients and to bring honor and recognition to the accomplished faculty members who demonstrate exceptional qualities of mind, character and intellect. Up to five years after the initial appointment, each COE Distinguished Faculty will receive an annual account of up to $10,000. The account may be used to support the awardees’ professional activities at the Faculty member’s discretion.
- COE Distinguished Faculty can be awarded to faculty with the titles of Professor, Teaching Professor, Research Professor, or Senior Co-op Coordinator.
All candidates must have:
- Made exceptional contributions to the scholarly, educational, and intellectual life of the College.
- Demonstrated impact and leadership in their field and academic community at the local, national, and international levels.
A COE Distinguished Faculty Evaluation Committee with seven representatives (one full professor from each department, one teaching professor, and one senior co-op coordinator) will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be made by department chairs or unit heads to the evaluation committee, who will make recommendations to the Dean of the College for final selection and appointment. Nominations will be accepted yearly.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file submitted through the Faculty Nomination Form (multiple submissions for the same nomination will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should document the nominee’s national and international preeminence in his or her field, leadership activities in the College and University, and significant contributions to the College; the letter will be preferably within two pages in length.
- an updated CV of the nominee.
- any other supporting materials.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
|2023||Yun Raymond Fu||ECE|