Diversity Recognition Award
The Diversity Recognition Award recognizes an individual or team in the College of Engineering who are faculty and/or staff (with students as collaborators). The Diversity Recognition Award is established to recognize extraordinary accomplishments in achieving the College goals of fostering a multicultural community that values, celebrates and operationalizes diversity, equity and inclusion within the College and beyond our campus.
- All faculty and staff in the College of Engineering are eligible.
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of three years after receiving the award.
- The award will be based on an accumulated record of achievement in diversity, equity and inclusion, rather than a single act of service, project or event.
- The faculty award will be based on an exemplary commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion*, as expressed through research and creative activity; teaching, mentoring, or inclusive curriculum transformation; professional service; and/or a combination of achievements in these areas.
- The staff award will be based on exemplary service to diversity, equity and inclusion, which may include service to the College, University, local community and beyond.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by College of Engineering staff, faculty, and/or administrators. Each nominator may submit only one nomination per year.
Nominations should consist of a nomination packet and should consist of ONE pdf file emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (separate emails will not be accepted) containing the following:
- A detailed statement from the nominator indicating the nominee’s accomplishments and how they relate to the selection criteria for the Diversity Recognition Award.
- Two brief supporting letters addressing the nominee, and how their accomplishments embody the selection criteria for this award.
- Faculty nominee’s most recent resume or CV (not required for staff nominees).
- Any supporting documents which demonstrate the nominee’s dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion as it is stated in the criteria for this award.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.