The Impact Award recognizes an individual or team of College of Engineering faculty and/or staff (students or individuals not affiliated with COE may also be recognized as collaborators). The Impact Award is established to confer honor on recent efforts to address a real-world problem with a specific solution, the results of which have shown dramatic measurable impact on the discipline, the college, or society.
- All faculty and staff in the College of Engineering are eligible. Collaborators (students or individuals not affiliated with COE) may also be recognized as part of a team.
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years after receiving the award.
Candidate must have:
- demonstrated success in addressing a real-world problem with a specific solution, the results of which have shown dramatic measurable impact on the discipline or society.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by College of Engineering staff, faculty, and/or administrators. Each nominator may submit only one nomination per year. Once the nomination process has concluded, the respective department chair for each faculty nominee or manager for each staff nominee will be contacted to complete a Recommendation Form before all materials are sent to the appropriate Awards Committee for evaluation.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file submitted through the Faculty Nomination Form or the Staff Nomination Form (multiple submissions for the same nomination will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination (no more than two pages long) including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee(s) which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments;
- additional documentation of impact (e.g. reports, news clippings)
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.