Faculty Research Team Award
The Award recognizes a team of College of Engineering faculty for their recent extraordinary efforts to collaborate on highly impactful and innovative team research that strongly support our College’s research mission. Emphasis will be given to a newly developed research initiative, while the sustaining and/or enhancement of an existing, strong research collaboration will be considered as well. The COE team of nominees will have demonstrated the interactions among a group of faculty, which may include other researchers across the University and/or with other institutions to develop or sustain a significant research initiative that contributes to establishing the College as a prestigious research enterprise.
This award is established to confer honor upon individuals with truly significant inspiration, dedication, and contributions to their establishment of a research initiative that enhances the reputation of the College in a timely or cutting edge research area.
- All faculty in the College of Engineering are eligible.
- The award is presented to a group of faculty members who collaborated on a project.
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years after receiving the award.
All candidate groups must have:
- demonstrated success in either a new research collaboration or sustained, existing collaboration that has resulted in a significant funded research project or program;
- demonstrated that the research project or program is impactful to both the College’s reputation and its overall record of research funding;
- demonstrated that the resulting initiative or ongoing project could only have been made possible through collaborative efforts, particularly across disciplines.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by College of Engineering faculty and/or department chairs. Once the nomination process has concluded, the respective department chair for each faculty nominee or manager for each staff nominee will be contacted to complete a Recommendation Form before all materials are sent to the appropriate Awards Committee for evaluation.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file submitted through the Faculty Nomination Form (multiple submissions for the same nomination will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- updated CVs of the nominees.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2022||Teiichi Ando||MIE – Cold Spray Research Group|
|2022||Andrew Gouldstone||MIE – Cold Spray Research Group|
|2022||Xiaoning Jin||MIE – Cold Spray Research Group|
|2022||Sinan Müftü||MIE – Cold Spray Research Group|
|2022||Ozan Ozdemir||MIE – Cold Spray Research Group|
|2022||Taskin Padir||ECE – Cold Spray Research Group|
|2022||Mohammad Taslim||MIE – Cold Spray Research Group|
|2022||Moneesh Upmanyu||MIE – Cold Spray Research Group|
|2020||John Basl||CSSH PHIL|
|2020||Kemi Jona||Chancellor’s Office|
|2020||Kristian Kloeckl||CAMD ARTG ARCH|
|2020||Alicia Modestino||CSSH ECON SPPUA|