Rising Star Award
The Award recognizes and rewards outstanding service by administrative, support, and technical staff employees in the College of Engineering.
- All staff who do not hold faculty status and work at least two-thirds time are eligible.
- Nominees must have completed between one and three consecutive years of staff service in the College of Engineering.
- Staff are only eligible to receive this award once, please see the list of past recipients.
- Demonstrated exceptional and ongoing achievements and have made significant and demonstrable contributions to their institution(s) and to the profession
- Engaged in behaviors resulting in positive outcomes in projects, publications, activities, or initiatives that in total demonstrate exceptional early and ongoing achievement
- Evidence that the contributions/innovations of the candidate are having a sustained and positive impact on the institution and/or the profession
- Looked for ways to help his/her coworkers; responded positively to requests for assistance; shared information and ideas to help others achieve their goals
- Supported team decisions and projects; actively contributed time and effort to help the team achieve its shared goals
- Will not have yet reached a senior-level position, but their track record should reflect a strong potential for an appointment at a higher level of the profession
Candidates should have performed in a manner that substantially exceeds the normal expectation for a staff member.
The Staff Initiative Committee will select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by College of Engineering staff, students, faculty, and/or administrators. Each nominator, however, may nominate only one employee for this award each year. Complete nominations are required NO LATER THAN April 16, 2021.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (separate emails will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- a letter of support from the COE department chair or director, if not included among the nominators above;
- a maximum of three letters of support from current or former students and/or College/University colleagues.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
|2021||Caitlin Goldblum||UG Advising|
|2019||Taryn Quiroa Sullivan||CEE|
|2017||Erin Schnepp||Undergraduate Academic Advising|
|2016||Nicole Nightingale||Dean’s Office|
|2015||Greg Anderson||Computer Center|