Outstanding Faculty Service Award
The Award recognizes and rewards College of Engineering faculty for contributions to the institution through exemplary and sustained leadership in service activities at Northeastern University. This service award is established to confer honor upon individuals, who, by their service through administrative leadership responsibilities, committee work, editorial boards, conference organization, or other activities, have positively impacted Northeastern’s academic enterprise and/or community. The awardees illustrate the important role that strong service contributions play in the life of our College and University, and in professional fields.
- All full-time faculty in the College of Engineering are eligible.
- Faculty are only eligible to receive this award once, please see the list of past recipients.
All candidates must have:
- demonstrated record of service to Northeastern;
- held leadership roles in academic units, committees, editorial boards or conference organization bodies;
- demonstrated that their service has been impactful and significant; and
- been recognized by the Northeastern or professional community to which the service has been given.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by Engineering faculty, department chairs or directors. Each nominator, however, may nominate only one employee for this award each year. Once the nomination process has concluded, the respective department chair for each faculty nominee or manager for each staff nominee will be contacted to complete a Recommendation Form before all materials are sent to the appropriate Awards Committee for evaluation.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file submitted through the Faculty Nomination Form (multiple submissions for the same nomination will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- an updated CV of the nominee;
- a maximum of three letters of support from current or former students and/or Engineering colleagues.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.