Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
This Award recognizes and rewards an outstanding junior and senior College of Engineering researcher for accomplishments in advancing the frontiers of knowledge. These research awards are established to confer honor upon individuals, who, by their contributions to their research discipline, have brought recognition to themselves, the College and Northeastern University. The awardees illustrate the important role that research plays in a comprehensive program of engineering education.
- All full-time faculty and research staff who have completed at least three years of full-time service in the College of Engineering are eligible.
- All faculty bodies are eligible including tenure and tenure track faculty, full-time teaching faculty, and research faculty
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years after receiving the award.
All candidates must have:
- Demonstrated an ability to conduct original research at Northeastern;
- Developed innovative theories and/or laboratory techniques and instrumentation;
- Received acceptance of research results by colleagues and/or industry through citations or applications;
- Demonstrated evidence of scholarly contributions to the literature; and
- Demonstrated research effectiveness in a manner that substantially exceeds the normal expectation for a faculty member.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by College of Engineering students, faculty, research staff, department chairs. Each nominator, however, may nominate only one junior and/or one senior employee for this award each year.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file emailed to email@example.com (separate emails will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments and a summary of the nominee’s research conducted at Northeastern; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- a letter of support from the COE department chair, if not included among the nominators above;
- an updated CV of the nominee.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2022||Qin Jim Chen||CEE|
|2016||Yun Raymond Fu||ECE|
|2003||No Awardees This Year||—|
|2001||Albert Sacco, Jr.||ChE|