Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
This Award recognizes and rewards an outstanding junior and senior College of Engineering researcher for accomplishments in advancing the frontiers of knowledge. These research awards are established to confer honor upon individuals, who, by their contributions to their research discipline, have brought recognition to themselves, the College and Northeastern University. The awardees illustrate the important role that research plays in a comprehensive program of engineering education.
- All full-time faculty and research staff in the College of Engineering are eligible.
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years after receiving the award.
All candidates must have:
- Demonstrated an ability to conduct original research at Northeastern;
- Developed innovative theories and/or laboratory techniques and instrumentation;
- Received acceptance of research results by colleagues and/or industry through citations or applications;
- Demonstrated evidence of scholarly contributions to the literature; and
- Demonstrated research effectiveness in a manner that substantially exceeds the normal expectation for a faculty member.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by College of Engineering students, faculty, research staff, department chairs. Each nominator, however, may nominate only one junior and/or one senior employee for this award each year. Once the nomination process has concluded, the respective department chair for each faculty nominee or manager for each staff nominee will be contacted to complete a Recommendation Form before all materials are sent to the appropriate Awards Committee for evaluation.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file submitted through the Faculty Nomination Form or the Staff Nomination Form (multiple submissions for the same nomination will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments and a summary of the nominee’s research conducted at Northeastern; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- an updated CV of the nominee.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
|2022||Qin Jim Chen||CEE|
|2016||Yun Raymond Fu||ECE|
|2003||No Awardees This Year||—|
|2001||Albert Sacco, Jr.||ChE|