Design and decision-making under uncertainty, machine learning and data analysis, Bayesian statistics, multidisciplinary design optimization, autonomous and cyber-physical systems
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering (Minor in Applied Statistics), Texas A&M University, 2019
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2016
- M.Sc., Biomedical Engineering, Iran University of Science & Technology, 2014
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran, 2012
Honors & Awards
- Rising Stars in Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, 2020
- Rising Stars in Computational and Data Sciences, Oden Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences at the University of Texas at Austin, 2019
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- Corresponding Member, ASCE Artificial Intelligence in Transportation Committee
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- M. Emamifar, and S. F. Ghoreishi. “Uncertainty-Aware Reinforcement Learning for Safe Control of Autonomous Vehicles in Signalized Intersections.” IEEE Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IEEE CAI), 2023.
- N. Asadi, and S. F. Ghoreishi. “Bayesian State Estimation in Partially-Observed Dynamic Multidisciplinary Systems.” Frontiers in Aerospace Engineering – Intelligent Aerospace Systems, 2022.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, R. D. Sochol, D. Gandhi, A. Krieger, and M. Fuge. “Physics-Informed Modeling and Control of Multi-Actuator Soft Catheter Robots.” Frontiers in Robotics and AI, 2022.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, R. D. Sochol, D. Gandhi, A. Krieger, and M. Fuge. “Bayesian Optimization for Design of Multi-Actuator Soft Catheter Robots.” IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics, 2021.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, and M. Imani. “Bayesian Surrogate Learning for Uncertainty Analysis of Coupled Multidisciplinary Systems.” ASME Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 2021.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, and M. Imani. “Bayesian Optimization for Efficient Design of Uncertain Coupled Multidisciplinary Systems.” American Control Conference (ACC), IEEE, 2020.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, A. Molkeri, R. Arróyave, D. Allaire, and A. Srivastava. “Efficient Use of Multiple Information Sources in Material Design.” Acta Materialia, 2019.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, S. Friedman, and D. L. Allaire. “Adaptive Dimensionality Reduction for Fast Sequential Optimization with Gaussian Processes.” ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 2019.
- S. F. Ghoreishi, and D. Allaire. “Multi-Information Source Constrained Bayesian Optimization.” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 2019.
Sep 15, 2023
Several engineering students and science students mentored by COE faculty are recipients of Northeastern’s Fall 2023 PEAK Experiences Awards. Projects this fall are tackling a range of topics and modes with students developing an autobiographical zine, studying the development of amphibian limbs, building better rocket parts, and more. BASE CAMP AWARDS Farhad Ibrahimzade COE’26 & […]
Apr 27, 2023
Congratulations to the 12 COE faculty and affiliates who were recipients of FY24 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 11 different projects. Environmentally Sustainable and Socially Equitable Congestion Mitigation in Urban Transportation Systems Seyede Fatemeh Ghoreishi (Civil & Environmental Engineering/Computer Science), Daniel Aldrich (Political Science/SPPUA) Wind View AI Nathan Post (Roux), Enrico Bertini (Computer […]
Aug 18, 2021
Fatemeh Ghoreishi joins the Civil and Environmental Engineering department in August 2021 as an Assistant Professor with a joint appointment in Khoury College of Computer Sciences.