Intersection of neuroscience, engineering, and autism
- PhD, Media Arts & Sciences (Affective Computing), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2021
- Johnson, K.T., O’Brien, A.M., Kershenbaum, A., Narain, J., Radhakrishnan, S., Picard, R.W. (2022, in press). Affective Ratings of Nonverbal Vocalizations Produced by Minimally-Speaking Individuals: What Do Naive Listeners Perceive?. In press for Proceedings of the International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII).
- Narain, J., Johnson, K.T., Quatieri, T., Picard R.W., Maes, P. (2022). Modeling Real-World Affective and Communicative Nonverbal Vocalizations from Minimally Speaking Individuals. IEEE Transactions of Affective Computing. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAFFC.2022.3208233
- Narain, J., Johnson, K.T., Quatieri, T., Picard R.W., Maes, P. (2021) Transfer Learning with Real-World Nonverbal Vocalizations from Minimally Speaking Individuals. Workshop in Interpretable ML in Healthcare at International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML).
- Johnson, K.T. & Picard, R.W. (2020). Advancing Neuroscience through Wearable Devices. Neuron 108(1), 8-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuron.2020.09.030
- Narain, J.* & Johnson, K.T.*, Ferguson, C., O’Brien, A., Talkar, T., Zhang, Y., Wofford, P., Quatieri, T., Maes, P., Picard, R.W. (2020). Personalized Modeling of Real-World Vocalizations from Nonverbal Individuals. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Multimodal Interactions (ICMI). https://doi.org/10.1145/3382507.3418854 (*Co-first authors/equal contribution)
Aug 18, 2023
Kristina Johnson joins the Electrical and Computer Engineering department in August 2023 as an Assistant Professor with a joint appointment in Communication Sciences and Disorders.