pulmonary physiology, biofluids and transport phenomenon, computational biomechanics, magnetic resonance imaging, multi-scale modeling
- 2013 University of California, San Diego, PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- 2008 Rochester Institute of Technology, MS in Mechanical Engineering
- J.M. Oakes, S.C. Roth, S.C. Shadden, Airflow Simulations in Infant, Child, and Adult Pulmonary Conducting Airways, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 46, 2018, 498-512
- J.M. Oakes, S.C. Shadden, C. Grandmont, I.E. Vignon-Clementel, Aerosol Transport Throughout Inspiration and Expiration in the Pulmonary Airways, International Journal of Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, 33, 2017, e2847
- J.M. Oakes, P. Hofemeier, I.E. Vignon-Clementel, J. Sznitman, Aerosols in Healthy and Emphysematous In Silico Pulmonary Acinar Rat Models, Journal of Biomechanics, 49(11), 2016, 2213-2220
- J.M. Oakes, A.L. Marsden, C. Grandmont, C. Darquenne, I.E. Vignon-Clementel, Distribution of Aerosolized Particles in Healthy and Emphysematous Rat Lungs: Comparison Between Experimental and Numerical Studies, Journal of Biomechanics, 48(6), 2015, 1147-1157
- C. Darquenne, M.G. Borja, J.M. Oakes, E.C. Breen, I.M. Olfert, M. Scadeng, G.K. Prisk, Increase in Relative Deposition of Fine Particles in the Rat Lung Periphery in the Absence of Gravity, Journal of Applied Physiology, 117(8), 2014, 880-886
- J.M. Oakes, E. Breen, M. Scadeng, G.S. Tchantchou, C. Darquenne, MRI-Based Measurements of Aerosol Deposition in the Lung of Healthy and Elastase-Treated Rats, Journal of Applied Physiology, 116(12), 2014, 1561-1568
Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2018-2019 academic school year. See Full Photo Gallery Faculty Fellow Matthew Eckleman, CEE Yongmin Liu, MIE Outstanding Teacher of First Year Engineering Students Joseph Depasquale, Chemistry Brian O’Connell, FYE Sumi Seo, Mathematics Matthew […]
Sep 27, 2018
Oakes & Bellini Awarded $1.5M FEMA Grant to Study Health Effects of Wildland Fire Smoke to Firefighters
BioE Assistant Professors Jessica Oakes and Chiara Bellini were awarded a $1.5M award from the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFG), administered through The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Grant Programs Directorate, for examining the “Health Consequences Following Acute and Chronic Firefighter Exposure to Wildland Fire Smoke.”
Sep 26, 2018
BioE Assistant Professors Jessica Oakes and Chiara Bellini are studying the health effects of vaping versus traditional combustible cigarettes.
Mar 23, 2017
21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.
Sep 01, 2016
Jessica Oakes joins the Bioengineering department in Fall 2016 as an Assistant Professor.