Protect the Pack: 8 Simple Behaviors for Community Members to Follow
1. Do a daily wellness check. Each morning, complete the wellness check at https://wellness-check.northeastern.edu/. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, this tool will tell you what steps to take next.
2. Keep your distance. Maintain a six-foot distance from others.
3. Wear a mask. Northeastern requires all students, staff, faculty, vendors, and visitors on its campuses to wear face coverings or face masks while they are in common spaces (including outdoor spaces on campus, even if healthy distancing can be maintained), common gathering areas, shared workspaces, shared academic spaces, or when interacting face-to-face with others.
4. Wash your hands well. Frequently wash your hands with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds (two rounds of the song “Happy Birthday to You”). Avoid touching your face. Use hand sanitizer made up of at least 60 percent alcohol.
5. Clean high-touch surfaces and spaces. Use disinfectants or wipes to clean frequently touched items and areas such as laptops, cell phones, doorknobs, and desks. In addition, Northeastern cleaning crews are following a more frequent cleaning schedule to keep public spaces sanitized.
6. Get tested. Under the protocols for testing, all members of Northeastern’s Boston campus must get tested regularly for COVID-19. (For example, students arriving on the Boston campus will be required to go through three separate tests upon arrival.) As the semester continues, faculty and staff will be tested every seven days. Students, including students who live off campus, will be tested every five days. Cabot Physical Education Center is the testing site; community members will schedule appointment times at covid19-testing.northeastern.edu. Test results will be available within 24 hours. In addition, members of all Northeastern campuses should agree to temperature checks when requested.
7. Wear your Husky Card. Keep your Northeastern Husky Card visible (such as on a lanyard) while out on campus to identify yourself as a Northeastern community member.
8. Self-isolate and take part in contact tracing. Don’t leave your room or home if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. If you test positive for the virus, either upon arriving on campus or subsequently, you must self-isolate according to state public health guidelines. Follow the directions of Northeastern’s health team and contact tracers.
For more information visit: