The Gordon Engineering Leadership Program is a transformational, technical, and challenging graduate-level learning experience targeted for engineering professionals.
The Gordon Institute offers a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership as formal recognition of mid-level engineers’ leadership acumen and broadened cross-functional capabilities.
A National Academy of Engineering recognized institute, the graduate certificate in engineering leadership can be taken in combination with most engineering Master of Science engineering degrees at Northeastern. Applicants who already hold an advanced degree or have 3 or more years of engineering work experience are eligible to apply to the stand-alone graduate certificate in engineering leadership. The stand-alone graduate certificate does not require participation in a Master of Science program.
Pursuing the Graduate Certificate allows participants to:
- Take part in a hands-on curriculum taught by industry-experienced Professors
- Work with peers from across engineering fields on leadership skills development
- Receive one-on-one mentoring from Industry experts and Faculty
The Gordon Engineering Leadership Program anchors around an intense, market-worthy Challenge Project based on your organization’s strategic needs. This is a unique opportunity to apply your classroom experience into a professional setting, and potentially further accelerating your career.
Pursue the Gordon Engineering Leadership Certificate as Part of a Master of Science in Engineering Degree Program
Most candidates pursue the Gordon Engineering Leadership Program as part of a Master of Science degree in the engineering discipline of their choice. Upon completion, they earn both the Master of Science degree and a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership.
Additional Information on Master of Science degrees in conjunction with a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership:
Master of Science Degree Requirements
- MS in Bioengineering
- MS in Chemical Engineering
- MS in Civil Engineering—Select MS concentration
- MS in Computer Systems Engineering
- MS in Data Analytics Engineering
- MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering—Select MS concentration
- MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering Leadership
- MS in Energy Systems
- MS in Engineering and Public Policy with a Concentration in Energy and Environment
- MS in Engineering and Public Policy with a Concentration in Infrastructure Resilience
- MS in Engineering Management
- MS in Environmental Engineering
- MS in Industrial Engineering
- MS in Information Systems
- MS in Mechanical Engineering—Select MS concentration
- MS in Operations Research
- MS in Sustainable Building Systems
- MS in Telecommunication Networks