Outstanding Staff Award
The Award recognizes and rewards outstanding service by administrative, support, and technical staff employees in the College of Engineering.
- All staff who do not hold faculty status and work at least two-thirds time are eligible.
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years after receiving the award.
Candidates must have demonstrated successful performance as staff members by combining competence, knowledge of subject matter, and successful interaction with others. Expected characteristics include, but are not limited to:
- Positive attitude, cooperation, and a customer service focus in dealing with co-workers, peers, and the general public;
- Initiative, quality of work, and effectiveness in carrying out job responsibilities;
- Commitment to performing in a professional manner;
- Dedication to and knowledge of the mission of their own work unit, the College of Engineering, and Northeastern University;
- Outstanding contributions to the goals of the work unit and the College through significant dedication and/or leadership;
- Innovation; and
- Demonstrated interest in self-development.
Candidates should have performed in a manner that substantially exceeds the normal expectation for a staff member.
The Staff Initiative Committee will select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by College of Engineering staff, students, faculty, and/or administrators. Each nominator, however, may nominate only one employee for this award each year. Once the nomination process has concluded, the respective department chair for each faculty nominee or manager for each staff nominee will be contacted to complete a Recommendation Form before all materials are sent to the appropriate Awards Committee for evaluation.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file submitted through the Staff Nomination Form (multiple submissions for the same nomination will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- a maximum of three letters of support from current or former students and/or College/University colleagues.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|2021||Taryn Quiroa Sullivan||CEE|
|2020||Mariah Nobrega||Dean’s Office|
|2019||Lauren Narasky||Dean’s Office|
|2019||Lara Obadowski||Academic Advising|
|2015||Roy Dalsheim||Student Services|
|2014||Kristin Hicks||Gordon CenSSIS|
|2014||Christina McNeil||Dean’s Office|
|2007||Kristin Hicks||Gordon CenSSIS|
|2006||Anne Magrath||Gordon CenSSIS|
|2003||Marlys Vaughan||Graduate School|
|2002||Linda Cincotti||Student Services|
|2002||Paulette Deery||Dean’s Office|
|2000||Stephen Gibson||Graduate School|
|1999||Susan M. Kolls||Student Services|
|1999||Gina O’Brien-McLelland||Dean’s Office|
|1998||Dan Calandriello||Computer Center|
|1998||Candace Martel||Student Services|