Constantinos Mavroidis Translational Research Award
This Award recognizes and rewards outstanding College of Engineering researchers for accomplishments in applying research innovations to advance technology development. These research awards are established to confer honor upon individuals, who, by their contributions to their applied research, have brought recognition to themselves, the College and Northeastern University as an exemplar of our focus on experiential engineering education.
- All full-time faculty and research staff who have completed at least three years of full-time service in the College of Engineering are eligible.
- Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years after receiving the award.
All candidates must have:
- demonstrated an ability to conduct original research at Northeastern;
- developed innovative experimental techniques and/or instrumentation and/or novel invention;
- received acceptance of applied research results by industry and/or government agencies in problem areas identified by those entities; and
- achieved a technology development that shows promise of generating intellectual property interest by industry as demonstrated by metrics such as products developed, contracts for industrial funding, process adoption, licensing of copyrights and/or patents.
A committee will be appointed by the Dean of Engineering to select award recipients.
Nominations may be initiated by College of Engineering students, faculty, research staff, department chairs. Each nominator, however, may nominate only one employee for this award each year. Complete nominations are required NO LATER THAN April 16, 2021.
The nomination packet should consist of ONE pdf file emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (separate emails will not be accepted) containing the following:
- one letter of nomination including the names of the nominator(s) and the nominee which should include the rationale for the nomination and pertinent accomplishments and a summary of the nominee’s translational research conducted at Northeastern, including evidence of translational metrics as defined above; the letter will be preferably one page and a maximum of two pages in length;
- a letter of support from the COE department chair, if not included among the nominators above;
- an updated CV of the nominee.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
|2018||Yun Raymond Fu||ECE|