- 335 ISEC
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
- 327 ISEC
- 360 ISEC
Bioresponsive drug delivery; cell and tissue engineering; tissue architecture; targeted therapeutics
Joined the Chemical Engineering Department in Fall 2016.
- 2005 PhD in Chemical Engineering, Princeton University
- 1999 SB in Chemical Engineering, MIT
Honors & Awards
- 2012 Presidential Early Career Award in Science and Engineering (PECASE)
- 2012 NIH Director’s New Innovator Award
- 2011 NSF CAREER Award
- 2010 Participant, National Academy of Engineering, Frontiers of Engineering Meeting
- 2010 Named 50 Most Influential African-Americans in Technology
- 2009 DARPA Young Faculty Award
- 2007 Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Program Award
- American Chemical Society
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Materials Research Society
- P. Guo, J. Yang, D. Liu, L. Huang, G. Fell, J. Huang, M.A. Moses, D.T. Auguste, Dual Complementary Liposomes Inhibit Triple-Negative Breast Tumor Progression and Metastasis, Science Advances, 5(3), 2019, eaav5010
- D.E. Large, J.R. Soucy, J. Hebert, D.T. Auguste, Advances in Receptor-Mediated, Tumor-Targeted Drug Delivery, Advanced Therapeutics, 2018
- P. Guo, D. Liu, K. Subramanyam, B. Wang, J. Yang, J. Huang D.T. Auguste, M.A. Moses, Nanoparticle Elasticity Directs Tumor Uptake, Nature Communications, 9(130), 2018
- D. Liu, D.T. Auguste, Peptide Density Targets and Impedes Triple Negative Breast Cancer Metastasis, Nature Communications, 9, 2018, 2612
- P. Guo, B. Wang, D. Liu, J. Yang, K. Subramanyam, C. McCarthy, J. Hebert, M. Moses, D.T. Auguste, Using Atomic Force Microscopy to Predict Tumor Specificity of ICAM1 Antibody-Directed Nanomedicines, Nano Letters, 18, 2018, 2254-2262
- P. Guo, J. Yang, D. Jia, M.A. Moses, D.T. Auguste, ICAM-1-Targeted, Lcn2 siRNA-Encapsulated Liposomes are Potent Anti-Angiogenic Agents for Triple Negative Breast Cancer, Theranostics, 6, 2016, 1-13
- D. Liu, D.T. Auguste, Cancer Targeted Therapeutics: From Molecules to Drug Delivery Vehicles, Journal of Controlled Release, 219, 2015, 632-643
- B. Wang, P. Guo, D.T. Auguste, Mapping the CXCR4 Receptor on Breast Cancer Cells, Biomaterials, 57, 2015, 161-8
- T.T. Ho, J.O. You, D.T. Auguste, siRNA Delivery Impedes the Temporal Expression of Cytokine-Activated VCAM1 on Endothelial Cells, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2015, 1-8
Aug 27, 2019
ChE Professor Debra Auguste was awarded a patent for “Cationic polymers as co-drugs for chemotherapeutic agents”. Abstract Source: USPTO A method for treating a biological cell is disclosed. The method administers a mixture of a chemotherapeutic drug and a co-drug that facilitates delivery of the chemotherapeutic drug to the nucleus of the cell. Examples of […]
Apr 03, 2019
ChE Professor Debra Auguste is collaborating with Boston Children’s Hospital to develop new treatments to target and treat patients with triple-negative breast cancer.
Apr 01, 2019
ChE Professor Debra Auguste’s article on “Targeted Lipid Nanoemulsions Encapsulating Epigenetic Drugs Exhibit Selective Cytotoxicity on CDH1/FOXM1+ Triple Negative Breast Cancer Cells” published in Molecular Pharmaceutics.
Mar 21, 2019
Chemical Engineering Professor Debra Auguste’s research paper, Dual complementary liposomes inhibit triple-negative breast tumor progression and metastasis, was recently published in Sciences Advances journal.
Oct 09, 2018
MBF Bioscience recently selected ChE PhD student Danielle Large as a NeuroArt winner and her work was featured on the cover image of the November 2018 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience Research.
Sep 25, 2018
ChE Professor Debra Auguste was featured in the latest Virtual Issue of Bioconjugate Chemistry from ACS (American Chemical Society). The article is titled “Women in Bioconjugate Chemistry: Celebrating Women Scientists”. Read it here: Women in Bioconjugate Chemistry Virtual Issue. “Celebrate the women who are collaborating across disciplines, developing new understanding and new ideas. Celebrate the women […]
Sep 11, 2018
ChE Professor Debra Auguste was selected as a member of the Board of Directors for the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), the lead society and professional home for biomedical engineering and bioengineering.
Aug 28, 2018
ChE Professor Debra Auguste has been selected as a fellow of the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) for her exceptional achievements and significant contributions within the biomedical engineering field.
Jul 09, 2018
ChE Professor Debra Auguste is researching a different way to approach cancer treatment without taking an extreme toll on patients.
Sep 16, 2016
New ChE Professor Debra Auguste is studying human biology to develop better medical therapies and drug delivery methods.