Diseases of the cardiovascular system; effects of cellmediated growth and remodeling processes on tissue and organ mechanics
- 2012 PhD in Biomedical Engineering, The University of Calgary
- 2008 MSc in Biomedical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- 2005 BSc in Biomedical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- C. Bellini, M.R. Bersi, A. Caulk, J. Ferruzzi, D.M. Milewicz, F. Ramirez, D.B. Rifkin, G. Tellides, H. Yanagiswa, J.D. Humphrey, Comparison of Ten Murine Models Reveals a Distinct Biomechanical Phenotype in Thoracuc Aortic Aneurysms, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 14(130), 2017
- C. Bellini, N.J. Kristofik, M.R. Bersi, T.R. Kyriakides, J.D. Humphrey, A Hidden Structural Vulnerability in the Thrombospondin-2 Deficient Aorta Increases the Propensity to Intramural Delamination, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedial Materials, 71, 2017, 397-406
- M.R. Bersi, C. Bellini, J. Wu, K. Montaniel, D.G. Harrison, J.D. Humphrey, Excessive Adventitial Remodeling Leads to Early Aortic Maladaptation in Angiotensin-Induced Hypertension, Hypertension, 67(5), 2016, 890-896
- C. Bellini, S. Wang, D.M. Milewicz, J.D. Humphrey, Myh11R247C/R247C Mutations Increase Thoracic Aorta Vulnerability to Intramural Damage Despite a General Biomechanical Adaptivity, Journal of Biomechanics, 48(1), 2015, 113-121
- S. Roccabianca, C. Bellini, J.D. Humphrey, Computational Modelling Suggests Good, Bad and Ugly Roles of Glycosaminoglycans in Arterial Wall Mechanics and Mechanobiology, Journal of The Royal Society Interface, 2014
- C. Bellini, S. Federico, Green-Naghdi Rate of the Kirchhoff Stress and Deformation Rate: the Elasticity Tensor, Zeitschrift fuer Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, 66(3), 2015, 1143-1163
- C. Bellini, J. Ferruzzi, S. Roccabianca, E.S. Di Martino, J.D. Humphrey, A Microstructurally Motivated Model of Arterial Wall Mechanics with Mechanobiological Implications, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 42(3), 2014, 488-502
Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2018-2019 academic school year. See Full Photo Gallery Faculty Fellow Matthew Eckelman, CEE Yongmin Liu, MIE Outstanding Teacher of First Year Engineering Students Joseph Depasquale, Chemistry Brian O’Connell, FYE Sumi Seo, Mathematics Matthew […]
Sep 27, 2018
Oakes & Bellini Awarded $1.5M FEMA Grant to Study Health Effects of Wildland Fire Smoke to Firefighters
BioE Assistant Professors Jessica Oakes and Chiara Bellini were awarded a $1.5M award from the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFG), administered through The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Grant Programs Directorate, for examining the “Health Consequences Following Acute and Chronic Firefighter Exposure to Wildland Fire Smoke.”
Sep 26, 2018
BioE Assistant Professors Jessica Oakes and Chiara Bellini are studying the health effects of vaping versus traditional combustible cigarettes.
Mar 23, 2017
21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.
Sep 01, 2016
Chiara Bellini joins the Bioengineering department in Fall 2016 as an Assistant Professor.