brain cell regeneration, automated microscopy and laser surgery, user-friendly and low-cost fluorescence microscopy
- PhD, Harvard University, 2009
- S.H. Chung, M.R. Awal, J. Shay, M.M. McLoed, E. Mazur, C.V. Gabel, Novel DLK-Independent Neuronal Regeneration in Caenorhabditis Elegans Shares Links with Activity-Dependent Ectopic Outgrowth, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 113, 2016, E2852-E2860
- L. Sun, J. Shay, M. McLoed, K. Roodhouse, S.H. Chung, C. Clark, J. Pirri, M. Alkema, C.V. Gabel, Neuronal Regeneration in C. elegans Requires Subcellular Calcium Release by Ryanodine Receptor Channels and Can Be Enhanced by Optogenetic Stimulation, Journal of Neuroscience, 34, 2014, 15947-15956
- S.H. Chung, A. Schmalz, R.C.H. Ruiz, C.V. Gabel, E. Mazur, Femtosecond Laser Ablation Reveals Antagonistic Sensory and Neuroendocrine Signaling that Underlie C. elegans Behavior and Development, Cell Reports, 4, 2013, 316-326
- S.H. Chung, L. Sun, C.V. Gabel, In Vivo Neuronal Calcium Imaging in C. elegans, Journal of Visualized Experiments, 74, 2013
- S.H. Chung, E. Mazur, Surgical Applications of Femtosecond Lasers, Journal of Biophotonics, 2, 2009, 557-572
Apr 09, 2019
25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.
Oct 25, 2017
BioE Assistant Professor Samuel Chung is studying microscopic worms to gain insights into nerve regeneration with hopes to help people with spinal cord injuries. Source: News @ Northeastern Samuel Chung is motivated by the “flash of insight”—that moment when days upon days of research result in a key breakthrough or discovery. He’s already encountered a […]
Sep 01, 2017
Samuel Chung joins the Bioengineering department in September 2017 as an Assistant Professor.