3-D bioprinting technology, stem cells technology and vascular bioengineering
- Post-doc, Vascular Biology, Harvard Medical School
- Ph.D, Biomedical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- M.S, Biomechanics, Peking University
- B.S, Mechanical Engineering, Peking University
Honors & Awards
- 2012 National Scientist Development Award, American Heart Association
- 2014 NSF Career Award
- 2015 Rising Star Award, Biomedical Engineering Society Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering
- 2015 The Institute’s James M. Tien ’66 Faculty Early Career Award, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- American Heart Association
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- North American Vascular Biology Organization
- C. Xu, W. Lee, G. Dai, Y. Hong, Highly Elastic Biodegradable Single-Network Hydrogel for Cell Printing, ACS Appl Mater Interfaces, 10(12), 2018, 9969-9979
- D. Kim, V. Lee, T.B. Dorsey, L.E. Niklason, L. Gui, G. Dai, Neuropilin-1 Mediated Arterial Differentiation of Murine Pluripotent Stem Cells, Stem Cells Dev. 27(7), 2018, 441-455
- V.K. Lee, G. Dai, Printing of Three-Dimensional Tissue Analogs for Regenerative Medicine, Annals Biomedical Engineering. 45(1), 2017, 115-131
- C.M. Dumont, J.M. Piselli, N. Kazi, E. Bowman,G. Li, R.J. Linhardt, S. Temple, G. Dai, D.M. Thompson, Factors Released from Endothelial Cells Exposed to Flow Impact Adhesion, Proliferation, and Fate Choice in the Adult Neural Stem Cell Lineage, Stem Cells Dev., 26(16), 2017, 1199-1213
- C.M. Dumont, J.M. Piselli, S. Temple, G. Dai, D.M. Thompson, Endothelial Cells Exposed to Fluid Shear Stress Support Diffusion Based Maturation of Adult Neural Progenitor Cells, Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 11(2), 2017, 117–130
Nov 14, 2018
BioE Associate Professor Guohao Dai was one of nine selected as a Fellow of the American Heart Association (FAHA) by the Council of Basic Cardiovascular Sciences of AHA.
May 01, 2018
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2017-2018 academic school year.
Nov 17, 2016
BioE Associate Professor Guohao Dai has developed a 3-D bioprinter to create tissue cultures for use in disease modeling and drug discovery.
Sep 01, 2016
Guohao Dai joins the Bioengineering department in Fall 2016 as an Associate Professor.