Vincent G. Harris
- 360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
- 301 Dana Research Center
Design and processing of advanced materials with emphasis on high frequency device applications for radar, communication, and sensing
- MEng, Executive Technology Management U. Penn, College of Engineering and The Wharton Business School, 2003
- MSc, Engineering Management, University of Maryland, 1995
- PhD, EE, Electronic Materials, Northeastern University, 1989 – 1990
- MSc, ME, Materials Science and Engineering, Northeastern University, 1986 – 1988
- BSc, Mechanical Engineering, Northeastern University, 1984 – 1985
- Mechanical Engineering, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, 1980 – 1983
Honors & Awards
- Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
- TMS Distinguished Scientist Award, 2016
- Institute of Metal Research’s Lee Hsun Lecture Award
- Fulbright Senior Fellow
- 2007 Søren Buus Outstanding; Research Award, College of Engineering
- American Association of Advancement of Science, Fellow
- American Physical Society, Fellow
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Fellow
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Fellow
- Institute of Physics, Fellow
- P. Andalib, Y. Chen, V.G. Harris, Concurrent Core Loss Suppression and High Permeability by Introduction of Highly Insulating Intergranular Magnetic Inclusions to MnZn Ferrite, IEEE Magnetics Letters, 9, 2018
- V.G. Harris, V. Šepelák, Mechanochemically Processed Zinc Ferrite Nanoparticles: Evolution of Structure and Impact of Induced Cation Inversion, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 465, 2018, 603-610
- Z. Zheng, Q. Feng, Y. Chen, V.G. Harris, High-Frequency Magnetic Properties of Ca-Substituted Co 2 Z and Co 2 W Barium Hexaferrite Composites, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 54 (6), 2018, 1-6
- G. Li, Y. Chen, V.G. Harris, Particle-Size Distribution Modified Effective Medium Theory and Validation by Magneto-Dielectric Co-Ti Substituted BaM Ferrite Composites, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 453, 2018, 44-47
- J. Liu, Q. Jin, S. Wang, P. Yu, C. Zhang, C. Luckhardt, Z. Su, R. Barua, V.G. Harris, An Insight into Formation Mechanism of Rapid Chemical Co-Precipitation for Synthesizing Yttrium Iron Garnet Nano Powders, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 208, 2018, 169-176
May 28, 2020
University Distinguished and William Lincoln Smith Chair Professor Vincent Harris, electrical and computer engineering, has been named a 2020-21 Jefferson Science Fellow.
Jan 30, 2020
Northeastern’s GapFund360 program helps Northeastern’s researchers bridge the gap between promising lab results and demonstrating a commercially viable prototype. Awards range from $50K -$100K. Nine projects were selected from a pool of 39 applications from across the university; COE contributed 25 of the applications and seven projects were selected for funding. Congratulations to the following COE researchers whose projects were selected for Phase I or Phase II GapFund360 funding: ChE Assistant Professor Sidi Bencherif, MIE Assistant Professor Safa Jamali, ECE Assistant Professor Sarah Ostadabbas, ChE/COS Associate Professor Carolyn Lee-Parsons, ECE Professor Tommaso Melodia, ECE Associate Research Scientist Salvatore D’Oro, ECE Associate Professor Kaushik Chowdhury, ECE Principal Research Scientist Yousof Naderi, ECE Postdoc Ufuk Muncuk, ECE Professor Vincent Harris, ECE Associate Research Scientist Parisa Andalib, ECE Associate Professor Matteo Rinaldi, and ECE Research Assistant Professor Zhenyun Qian.
Jan 13, 2020
ECE Professor Vincent Harris was Selected as a Distinguished Fellow of the International Engineering and Technology Institute.
Feb 09, 2019
University Distinguished Professor and W.L. Smith Chair Vincent Harris of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering will deliver two keynote addresses at the 10th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies and the 11th International Conference on High-Performance Ceramics in 2019 on the topic of advanced functional ceramics.
Jan 31, 2019
ECE Professor Vincent Harris has been invited to contribute to the 30th jubilee for the Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism and the 60th jubilee for the Journal of Alloys and Compounds.
Jan 02, 2019
Four faculty members will have projects funded by Northeastern through the Center for Research innovation as part of a new funding initiative administered by the Center for Research Innovation. For a full description, please see this CRI announcement page. The projects and faculty awarded include: Battery-less Infrared Sensor Tags for Reliable Occupancy Sensing (BISTROS)Matteo Rinaldi, Zhenyun […]
Jan 02, 2019
University Distinguished Professor and William Lincoln Smith Chair Professor Vincent Harris and his PhD Student, Parisa Andalib, will head a recently funded project by GAP-360. This project will receive 50k as part of the first phase. Abstract: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is an important medical tool for early diagnosis of disease. However, the efficacy for […]
Dec 18, 2018
Congratulations to ECE Associate Professors Kaushik Chowdhury, Raymond Fu, Matteo Rinaldi, ECE Professor Vincent Harris, and BioE Professor Jeff Ruberti whose projects were selected for Phase 1 2018 funding by Northeastern’s GapFund360 program.
Jul 26, 2018
ChE/MIE Professor Laura Lewis and ECE Professor Vincent Harris are working on alternatives to rare-earth metals which are used from everything from smartphones to guided missiles to reduce our reliance on China.
Apr 02, 2018
ECE Professor Vincent Harris was awarded a patent for his “Device and method for deep transcranial magnetic stimulation”.