Biomechanics and mechanics
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, 1982, MIT
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1979, MIT
- BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1975, Tehran University, Iran
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- A.D. Orsi, P.K. Canavan, A.Vaziri, R.Goebel, O.A. Kapasi, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, The Effects of Graft Size and Insertion Site Location During Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction on Intercondylar Notch Impingement, The Knee, 24, 2017, 525-535
- Y. Zheng, H. Bahloo, D. Mousanezhad, A. Vaziri, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, Displacement and Stress Fields in a Functionally Graded Fiber-Reinforced Rotating Disk with Nonuniform Thickness and Variable Angular Velocity, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, Transaction of the ASME, 2017, 139, 1-10
- G. Liu, R. Ghosh, A. Vaziri, A. Hossieni, H. Bahloo, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, Biomimetic Composite Inspired by Venous Leaf, Journal Of Composite Materials, 2017, 1-12
- G. Liu, R. Ghosh, ,D. Mousanezhad, A. Vaziri, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, Thermal Conductivity of Biomimetic Leaf Composite, Journal Of Composite Materials, 2017, 1-10
- H. Abdi, J. Papadopoulos, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, A. Vaziri, Enhanced Elastic-Foundation Analysis of Balanced Single Lap Adhesive Joints, International Journal of Adhesion& Adhesive, 2, 2017, 80-91
Aug 02, 2018
MIE Professors Ashkan Vaziri and Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi won the Theoretical & Applied Mechanics Letters (TAML) 2018 Excellent Paper Award for their paper “Elastic properties of chiral, anti-chiral, and hierarchical honeycombs: A simple energy-based approach”.
Sep 16, 2016
MIE Professor Hamid Nayab-Hashemi and Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri were published in Scientific Reports for their article on "Curved Beam Computed Tomography based Structural Rigidity Analysis of Bones with Simulated Lytic Defect: A Comparative Study with Finite Element Analysis". Abstract: In this paper, a CT based structural rigidity analysis (CTRA) method that incorporates bone intrinsic […]
Jan 14, 2016
Two of MIE Associate Professor Ashkan Vaziri's research papers were among the most cited articles of the International Journal of Solids and Structures Articles.
May 20, 2014
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering faculty members’s Jim Papadopoulos, Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi, Ashkan Vaziri, and PhD students Babak Haghpanah & Davood Mousanezhad were featured on the cover of Proceedings of Royal Society A for “Buckling of regular, chiral, and hierarchical honeycombs under a general macroscopic stress state”. Proceedings A has published many influential articles on Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences […]
Jun 26, 2012
Mechanical and industrial engineering researchers at Northeastern University have been awarded three, three-year grants totaling $785,000 from the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development. According to its website, the nonprofit organization aims to support Qatar on its journey from a carbon economy to a modern knowledge-based economy. Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi and Ashkan Vaziri, a professor and […]
Jan 13, 2011
Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Professor Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi & Assistant Professor Ashkan Vaziri are using 3D imaging models of knee joints to develop methods to treat and prevent osteoarthritis.
Nov 18, 2010
MIE Professor Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi & Assistant Professor Ashkan Vaziri’s article on “Effect of frontal plane tibiofemoral angle on the stress and strain at the knee cartilage during the stance phase of gait” is featured on the cover of the Journal of Orthopaedic Research.
Jul 06, 2010
MIE Professor Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi & Assistant Professor Ashkan Vaziri have received a multi-national grant from QNRF for their "Novel approaches for structural protection in the oil, gas, and petrechemical industry".