Health care initiatives; industrial engineering; operations research
- PhD, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1970
Honors & Awards
- 2003, National Academy of Engineering Member
- 1997, Institute of Medicine Member
- Fellow, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- 1985, Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Gilbreth Award for Lifetime Contribution to Industrial Engineering; Institute for Industrial
and Systems Engineering
- A. Zeid , S. Kamarthi, V.K. Sahney “Research Issues in Patient Centric Healthcare”, International Journal of Collaborative Enterprise, 4(1/2), 2014, 1-135
- V.K. Sahney “Managing Implementation: The Unanswered Question, Frontiers of Health Services Management”, 20(3), 2004, 29-36
- V.K. Sahney “Generating Management Research on Improving Quality”, Health Care Management Review, 2(4), 2003, 335-347
- J.R. Griffith, V. Sahney, R.A. Mohr “Re-engineering Health Care: Building on CQI”, Health Administration Press, Ann Arbor, MI, 1995
Sep 20, 2019
MIE Professor Vinod Sahney believes that presidential candidates should look at the healthcare model that Massachusetts has developed in order to reshape the system at a national level.
Nov 09, 2016
University Distinguished MIE Professor Vinod Sahney appointed to select national committee on "Ensuring Patient Access to Affordable Drug Therapies".
Dec 03, 2012
MIE Professors James Benneyan & Vinod Sahney are 2 of the 10 people that will be honored at the 2013 Society of Health Systems conference for their significant contributions to the society and healthcare IE profession. Northeastern University’s Healthcare Systems Engineering (HSyE) program is a university-level Institute that has focused on improving healthcare efficiency, quality, […]
Sep 29, 2011
MIE Professor Vinod Sahney uses systems engineering principles to redesign the healthcare system to improve treatment, patient safety and quality of care.