- 360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
- 527 ISEC
Humanoid robots, dexterous manipulation, model-based robot design, human-supervised robot autonomy, medical cyber-physical systems
- PhD (2004), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MS (1997), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- BS (1993), Middle East Technical University, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Honors & Awards
- Kalenian Award for Entrepreneurial Spirit
- HEART: Humans Empowered with Assistive Robot Technologies
- Romeo L. Moruzzi Young Faculty Award for Innovation in Undergraduate Education
- Robotics and Automation
- Control Systems
- Systems, Man and Cybernetics
- Computer; Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- Education Societies
- The American Society for Engineering Education
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
- Sigma Xi
- S. Zanlongo, F. Abodo,P. Long, T. Padir, L. Bobadilla, Multi-Robot Scheduling and Path-Planning for Non-Overlapping Operator Attention, In 2018 Second IEEE International Conference on Robotic Computing (IRC), 2018, 87-94
- D. Sinyukov, T. Padir, CWave: High-Performance Single-Source Any-Angle Path Planning on a Grid, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Singapore, 2017
- V. Dimitrov, J. Vazquez, T. Padir, LocATER: Localization and Accountability Technologies for Emergency Responders, IEEE International Symposium on Technologies for Homeland Security, Boston, MA, 2017
- X. Long, P. Long, T. Padir, Compositional Autonomy for Humanoid Robots with Risk-Aware Decision-Making, Humanoid Robotics (Humanoids), IEEE-RAS 17th International Conference, 2017, 553-560
- X. Long, M. Wonsick, V. Dimitrov, T. Padır, Anytime Multi-Task Motion Planning for Humanoid Robots, In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), IEEE/RSJ International Conference, 2017, 4452-4459
Dec 16, 2019
Congratulations to the Northeastern team, advised by ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir, who was one of ten teams selected as finalists for the NASA 2020 RASC-AL Special Edition: Moon to Mars Ice & Prospecting Challenge.
Sep 20, 2019
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir, in collaboration with Holly Yanco from University of Massachusetts Lowell, was awarded a $400K NSF grant for the “Cooperative Control of Humanoid Robots for Remote Operations in Nuclear Environments”
Sep 09, 2019
Bouve Professor Eugene Tunik (PI) on the project, ECE Professor Deniz Erdogmus, Associate Professor Taskin Padir and Bouve Associate Research Scientist Mathew Yarossi were award a $760K NSF grant for the “Coordination of Dyadic Object Handover for Human-Robot Interactions”.
Aug 26, 2019
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir has been appointed an Editor for the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation for a three-year term. ICRA 2020 is the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society’s flagship conference and the premier international forum for robotics researchers to present and discuss their work. Established in 1984 and held annually, the […]
Aug 06, 2019
Padir to Lead $2.5M NSF Grant to Develop Collaborative Robots to Impact the Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir to lead a $2.5M NSF grant with Kemi Jona (CPS Assistant Vice Chancellor), Alicia Modestino (CSSH Associate Professor), Kristian Kloeckl (CAMD Associate Professor), and John Basl (CSSH Associate Professor) to create “Co-worker Robots to Impact Seafood Processing (CRISP): Designs, Tools and Methods for Enhanced Worker Experience”.
Jun 10, 2019
ECE PhD students Mo Han, PhD’22, Yagmur Gunay, PhD’21, and Ilkay Yildiz, PhD’22, received the best student paper award at PETRA 2019, which took place in Rhodes, Greece, for their paper “From Hand-perspective Visual Information to Grasp Type Probabilities: Deep Learning via Ranking Labels”.
Apr 09, 2019
Northeastern University is collaborating with Hanscom Air Force Base on a $2.8M grant on a first-of-its-kind radio-silent drone testing facilty at Innovation Campus in Burlington.
Dec 14, 2018
CEE Chair and CDM Smith Professor Jerome Hajjar and ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir are collaborating on a research project for post-disaster assessment of critical infrastructure such as bridges using small unmanned aircraft systems.
Dec 06, 2018
A group of Northeastern students led by ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir was selected as one of ten finalists in NASA’s 2019 Revolutionary Aerospace Systems Concepts – Academic Linkage (RASC-AL) Special Edition: Moon to Mars Ice and Prospecting Challenge for their project “Northeastern University Prospecting Underground Distilling Liquid Extractor (NU-PUDLE)”.
Nov 27, 2018
After the recent landing of NASA’s InSight lander on Mars, ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir is hoping that its investigation of the interior structure and composition of the planet will provide insight into how Mars was formed.