Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
- 527 ISEC
Humanoid robots, dexterous manipulation, model-based robot design, human-supervised robot autonomy, medical cyber-physical systems
- PhD (2004), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MS (1997), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- BS (1993), Middle East Technical University, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Honors & Awards
- Kalenian Award for Entrepreneurial Spirit
- HEART: Humans Empowered with Assistive Robot Technologies
- Romeo L. Moruzzi Young Faculty Award for Innovation in Undergraduate Education
- Robotics and Automation
- Control Systems
- Systems, Man and Cybernetics
- Computer; Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- Education Societies
- The American Society for Engineering Education
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
- Sigma Xi
- S. Zanlongo, F. Abodo,P. Long, T. Padir, L. Bobadilla, Multi-Robot Scheduling and Path-Planning for Non-Overlapping Operator Attention, In 2018 Second IEEE International Conference on Robotic Computing (IRC), 2018, 87-94
- D. Sinyukov, T. Padir, CWave: High-Performance Single-Source Any-Angle Path Planning on a Grid, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Singapore, 2017
- V. Dimitrov, J. Vazquez, T. Padir, LocATER: Localization and Accountability Technologies for Emergency Responders, IEEE International Symposium on Technologies for Homeland Security, Boston, MA, 2017
- X. Long, P. Long, T. Padir, Compositional Autonomy for Humanoid Robots with Risk-Aware Decision-Making, Humanoid Robotics (Humanoids), IEEE-RAS 17th International Conference, 2017, 553-560
- X. Long, M. Wonsick, V. Dimitrov, T. Padır, Anytime Multi-Task Motion Planning for Humanoid Robots, In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), IEEE/RSJ International Conference, 2017, 4452-4459
Sep 10, 2020
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2019-2020 academic school year.
Aug 28, 2020
Northeastern researchers comprised of Taskin Padir (ECE), Deniz Erdogmus (ECE), Misha Pavel (Khoury, BCHS), and Carmen Sceppa (BCHS) received a planning grant from the NSF-JST Smart and Connected Communities program to focus on team-building, user-centered design ideation, and community participation activities to develop a tight and sustainable collaboration among U.S.-Japan researchers
Jun 22, 2020
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir was awarded a $200k NSF RAPID grant for “Accelerating the Future of Work? Understanding Future Shifts in Technology Adoption in the Seafood Industry in Response to the COVID19 Pandemic.”
Apr 24, 2020
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir has been elected for a three-year term to the Executive Committee of the Robotics and Remote Systems Division of the American Nuclear Society.
Feb 18, 2020
Congratulations to the Northeastern team that was selected as an awardee of the Breakthrough, Innovative and Game-changing (BIG) Idea Challenge.
Dec 16, 2019
Congratulations to the Northeastern team, advised by ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir, who was one of ten teams selected as finalists for the NASA 2020 RASC-AL Special Edition: Moon to Mars Ice & Prospecting Challenge.
Sep 20, 2019
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir, in collaboration with Holly Yanco from University of Massachusetts Lowell, was awarded a $400K NSF grant for the “Cooperative Control of Humanoid Robots for Remote Operations in Nuclear Environments”
Sep 09, 2019
Bouve Professor Eugene Tunik (PI) on the project, ECE Professor Deniz Erdogmus, Associate Professor Taskin Padir and Bouve Associate Research Scientist Mathew Yarossi were award a $760K NSF grant for the “Coordination of Dyadic Object Handover for Human-Robot Interactions”.
Aug 26, 2019
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir has been appointed an Editor for the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation for a three-year term. ICRA 2020 is the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society’s flagship conference and the premier international forum for robotics researchers to present and discuss their work. Established in 1984 and held annually, the […]
Aug 06, 2019
Padir to Lead $2.5M NSF Grant to Develop Collaborative Robots to Impact the Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir to lead a $2.5M NSF grant with Kemi Jona (CPS Assistant Vice Chancellor), Alicia Modestino (CSSH Associate Professor), Kristian Kloeckl (CAMD Associate Professor), and John Basl (CSSH Associate Professor) to create “Co-worker Robots to Impact Seafood Processing (CRISP): Designs, Tools and Methods for Enhanced Worker Experience”.