Angelina joins Northeastern’s First Year Engineering faculty after nearly three years as a Technical Instructor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She received her Ph.D. in Structural Engineering from Northeastern in 2017 and worked as a consultant in New York City upon its completion. While prioritizing teaching, her current research focuses on diversity and equity in academic makerspaces. Her engineering research focuses on the stability of slender welded tubular steel structures.
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Northeastern University, 2017
- Jay, A., Myers, A.T., Torabian, S., Mahmoud, A., Smith, E., Agbayani, N., Schafer, B.W. (2016) “Spirally welded steel wind towers: Buckling experiments, analyses, and research needs.” J Constructional Steel Research. 125, 218-226.
- Jay, A., Myers, A.T., Mirzaie, F., Mahmoud, A., Torabian, S., Smith, E., Schafer, B.W. (2016) “Large-scale bending tests of slender tapered spirally welded steel tubes.” J Struct. Eng. 04016136.
- Mirzaie, F., Myers, A.T., Jay, A., Mahmoud, A., Torabian, S., Smith, E., Schafer, B.W. (2018) “Imperfection Measurements to Predict Buckling Behavior of Slender Steel Tubes.” Thin Walled Struct. 123, 270-281.
- Mahmoud, A., Torabian, S., Jay, A., Mirzaie, F., Myers, A.T., Smith, E., Schafer, B.W. (2018) “Modelling the Flexural Collapse of Thin-walled Spirally Welded Tapered Tubes.” J. Struct. Eng. 04017201.
Jan 24, 2023
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2022-2023 academic school year. COE Distinguished Faculty Award Yun Raymond Fu, ECE Auroop Ganguly, CEE Luke Landherr, ChE Sinan Müftü, MIE Mark Niedre, BioE Alison Nogueira, Co-op Nian Sun, ECE Constantinos Mavroidis Translational […]
Dec 02, 2022
The First-year Engineering Program’s mission is to inspire and motivate our students to pursue an Engineering Education by providing them with a diverse and inclusive learning community centered around the First-year Engineering Learning and Innovation Center and the Cornerstone of Engineering 1- & 2-course sequence. In Cornerstone, students are introduced to the fundamentals of engineering […]
Apr 15, 2022
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2021-2022 academic school year.