Rapid solidification processing, droplet-based materials processing, powder metallurgy, material processing by severe plastic deformation, processing-structure-property relationships in materials
- PhD (1982), Metallurgy, Colorado School of Mines
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of ASM International (2009)
- Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award, COE, Northeastern University (2005)
- R&D 100 Award for the project “Enhancement of Aluminum Forgings by High-Density Infrared Radiant heating” (2004)
- Thermodynamics of materials
- Phase transformation kinetics
- Solidification processing
- American Ceramic Society
- American Institute of Powder Metallurgy
- American Society for Metals International (Fellow)
- The Association for Iron and Steel Technology
- Materials Research Society
- The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society
- Sigma Xi
- Y. Li, Y. Hamada, K. Otobe, T. Ando, A Method to Predict the Thickness of Poor-Bonded Material along Spray and Spray-Layer Boundaries in Cold Spray Deposition, J. Thermal Spray Technology, 26(3), 2017, 350-359
- S. Onell, T. Ando, Application of a Simple Sub-regular Solution Model to the Computation of Phase Boundaries and Free-dendritic Growth in the Ag-Cu System, Acta Mater, 113, 2016,109-115
- Y. Shu, S. Gheybi Hashemabad, T. Ando, Zhiyong Gu, Ultrasonic Powder Consolidation of Sn/In Nanosolder Particles and Their Application for Low Temperature Cu-Cu Joining, Materials and Design, 111, 2016, 631-639
- B. Yildirim, H. Fukunuma, T. Ando, A. Gouldstone, S. Muftu, A Numerical Investigation into Cold Spray Bonding Processes, Journal of Tribology, 137, 2015, 11102-11113
- S. Gheybi Hashemabad, T. Ando, Ignition Characteristics of Hybrid Al-Ni-Fe2O3 and Al-Ni- CuO Reactive Composites Fabricated by Ultrasonic Powder Consolidation, Combustion and Flame, 162, 2015, 1144-1152
- T. Hu, S. Zhalehpour, A. Gouldstone, S. Muftu, T. Ando, A Method for the Estimation of the Interface Temperature in Ultrasonic Joining, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 45A, 2014, 2545-2552
- T. Ando, Production, Characterization and Application of Mono-Size Alloy Droplets, Powder Metallurgy, 55(5), 2012, 395-401
- S. Onel, T. Ando, Comparison and Extension of Free Dendritic Growth Models with Application to Ag-15 Mass Pct Cu Alloy, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 39A, 2008, 2449-58
Jul 07, 2015
MIE Professor Teiichi Ando was awarded a patent for creating a nanoscale heater element capable of local selectivity and controlled exposure.
Aug 02, 2011
MIE Assistant Professor Andrew Gouldstone and Professors Teiicho Ando & Sinan Muftu were awarded a $400K NSF grant to determine how the bonding of particles is affected by ultrasonic vibrations.
Sep 22, 2010
MIE Professor Teiichi Ando has been awarded a $137K NSF grant to join materials together at the microscale using nanoheater structures leading to new ways to build microscale devices.
Jun 26, 2009
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Professor Teiichi Ando has been selected as a Fellow of ASM International.