Distributed systems, networking, machine learning, big data, and privacy
- PhD (2009), University of Toronto, Department of Computer Science
- MS (2004), University of Toronto, Department of Computer Science
- J. Bento, S. Ioannidis, A Family of Tractable Graph Distances, SDM, 2018
- Y. Guo, P. Tian, J. Kalpathy-Cramer, S. Ostmo, J.P. Campbell, M.F. Chiang, D. Erdogmus, J. Dy, S. Ioannidis, Experimental Design Under the Bradley-Terry Model, IJCAI-ECAI, 2018
- A. Moharrer, S. Ioannidis, Distributing Frank-Wolfe via Map-Reduce, ICDM, 2017
- D. Koutra, A. Dighe, S. Bhagat, U. Weinsberg, S. Ioannidis, C.Faloutsos, J. Bolot, PNP: Fast Path Ensemble Method for Movie Design, KDD, 2017
- S. Ioannidis, E. Yeh, Adaptive Caching Networks with Optimality Guarantees, SIGMETRICS, 2016
Sep 17, 2018
ECE Professor Kaushik Chowdhury is leading an interdisciplinary COE team leveraging a $1.5 million DARPA grant to identify device-specific radio signals on a massive scale.
Apr 24, 2018
Congratulations to the COE faculty and students that were honored at the 2018 Academic Honors Convocation.
Dec 18, 2017
ECE Assistant Professor Stratis Ioannidis was awarded a $460K NSF CAREER grant for “Leveraging Sparsity in Massively Distributed Optimization”.
Sep 28, 2017
ECE Professors Miriam Leeser and Stratis Ioannidis will give a joint lecture on the “Practical, Secure Function Evaluation at Scale” at the Computational Research in Boston and Beyond Seminar at MIT.
Sep 28, 2017
ECE Assistant Professor Stratis Ioannidis and Professor Edmund Yeh received the Best Paper Award at the 4th ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2017) for their paper on “Jointly Optimal Routing and Caching for Arbitrary Network Topologies.”
Sep 08, 2017
ECE Assistant Professor Stratis Ioannidis will lead a BIGDATA collaborative research effort for the “Design and Computation of Scalable Graph Distances in Metric Spaces: A Unified Multiscale Interpretable Perspective”.
Jul 24, 2017
ECE Professors Stratis Ioannidis and Miriam Leeser have been awarded a $500K NSF grant to create a “Massively Scalable Secure Computation Infrastructure Using FPGAs.”
Jul 05, 2017
ECE Assistant Professor Stratis Ioannidis and Professor Edmund Yeh were awarded a $500K NSF grant for "Caching Networks with Optimality Guarantees". Abstract Source: NSF The Internet today includes networks of caches–networks with storage capabilities–that are used in a broad array of real-life networking applications. They play a central role in commercial systems for the online […]
Aug 18, 2016
ECE Assistant Professor Stratis Ioannidis, Associate Professor Deniz Erdogmus, and Professor Jennifer Dy were awarded an $800K NSF grant to create an "Assistive Integrative Support Tool for Retinopathy of Prematurity".
Feb 16, 2016
ECE Professors Stratis Ioannidis and Miriam Leeser have won a Google Faculty Research Award worth more than $67k.