Graduate Forms

All Graduate School of Engineering forms are processed using DocuSign.  Please review the instructions for completing the form then click on the link for the form.  Students will be directed to the PowerForm Signer Information form to provide their information and if necessary the approver(s) contact information.  Students click on “begin signing” to submit the information to DocuSign who will email the student with an access code to complete the form.  Students will submit the DocuSign form that will automatically get routed to the contacts the student listed on the PowerForm Signer Information form.  When the form is completed by the necessary approvers it will automatically be routed to the GSE Graduate Student Services to process.  Below are the form processing times.


  • Adhere to Processing Times. Processing times are outlined below; be sure to submit your forms with those time frames in mind.
  • A student should complete the form and submit it to be emailed to the student’s Faculty Program Advisor. If approved, the form will be sent to the Graduate School for review. When the form is complete, a copy will be emailed to you (student) for your records and a copy will be placed in your student e-folder.
  • Please only submit ONE form request through the online forms process. If you need to review the form prior to submitting it, please review the view only PDFs below each form.
  • The Graduate Student forms now have a time limit on each limiting students to submit only one form a day. If you need to submit multiple forms or have an issue with submission, please contact Stephanie Kelly at

Below please find standard processing times for all forms. Please note that throughout the semester there are some busier times, such as the start of the semester. During these busy times, please allow for extra processing time.

10 business days:

  • All OGS Forms
    • Program Extension Request
    • Certificate of Program Completion
      • Approved under the following conditions:
      • You will have completed all program requirements by the specified program end date
      • You have applied to graduate via your MyNortheastern account
      • We have a copy of your undergraduate and/or MS degree certificates (if applicable) on file
      • All exceptions to the approved curriculum are documented
  • All Academic Probation forms
    • Academic Probation Action Plan
    • Academic Dismissal Appeal Form
  • All Change of Degree forms
    • Change of Master’s Degree Program/Concentration for BSMS Students
    • Change of Degree Program/Concentration
    • Change of Degree Level
    • Change of Degree Status
    • MS along the way to PhD
  • The following Registrar forms
    • Incomplete Grade Contract
    • Transfer Credit Request
    • MS PlusOne Transition to MS form

7 business days:

  • The following Registrar form
    • Graduate Registration Form
    • PhD Internship Request
    • Interdisciplinary PhD Program Plan

3 to 5 business days:

  • Graduate School of Engineering Forms
    • Standard Petition Form – Boston Students
    • Standard Petition Form – West Coast Students
    • Registration Override Request Forms
    • Conditional Acceptance Form

COE Forms

Northeastern Forms

Below please find links to some of the most common Registrar forms that graduate engineering students use. Be sure to read instructions thoroughly.

Below please find links to some of the most common OGS forms that graduate engineering students use. Be sure to read instructions thoroughly.