Graduate Student Services
Graduate Student Services is an academic resource in the College of Engineering which, in conjunction with university faculty and staff, facilitates the academic processes of course registration, graduation clearance, academic probation, academic review of Office of Global Studies forms, and administration of funding. Graduate Student Services recognizes the critical role our advising team plays in the transitional process students go through at Northeastern University and we are committed to meeting a diverse set of needs to assist in students’ success and achievements.
The Academic Advisors in the Graduate Student Services office can help answer many of your questions and assist with various concerns regarding your program and student record.
The table below is a handy resource whenever you have a question! The advisors in Graduate Student Services can help you with many concerns, but we are not always the best resource to contact. Please review the table below for some common concerns, but please know that this is not an exhaustive list.
|What your Graduate Student Services Academic Advisor can help you with:||What your department Faculty Program Advisor can help you with:||What your OGS Advisor can help you with (international students):|
If you would like to connect with your Graduate Student Services Academic Advisor, we offer the following services:
- Email advising – Many questions can be answered quickly and easily if you email your assigned academic advisor listed above. All inquiries will be answered within 1-2 days! Please be sure to include your NUID and a detailed account of your question.
- One on one advising appointments
- Graduate Engineering students, please schedule a virtual appointment to meet with your assigned academic advisor via Navigate.
- Accelerated Bachelor/Graduate Engineering students who are still in undergraduate standing, please email your assigned graduate academic advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will assist with scheduling an appointment for you.
- Advising Workshops and Live Question & Answer (Q & A) Sessions – The Advising team regularly updates the below video to give you the most current information on how to contact the GSE, understanding your Degree Audit, how to fill out the Petition and Override Request Forms, our form submission process, and for our international students, how to fill out and submit your Certificate of Program Completion Form and Program Extension Form to the GSE. We also hold live Q & A sessions throughout each semester for you to ask your questions in a group setting. More often than not, you are not the only one with the same question!
Graduate students are expected to be professional and respectful at all times in their interactions with the Graduate School of Engineering staff. Please review a summary of these expectations.