Engineering Computer Center
The College of Engineering Computer Center is the first line of technology support for all COE students, faculty, and staff. Supplemented by University ITS, the Engineering Computer Center provides the following services: virtual computing, account support, email services, hardware purchase recommendations, configuration support, and troubleshooting for supported devices.
The College of Engineering Virtual Lab (VLAB) supports academic computing for Engineering students. The VLAB offers virtual Windows 10 and Linux desktops with a wide selection of specialized Engineering software. These virtual desktops can be accessed either from large-screen thin-client terminals in our labs, or from your own laptop, on or off campus, via remote login protocols.
In addition to the VLAB and the College’s facilities in the Snell Engineering Building, the University’s InfoCommons has Windows and Macintosh computers for student use.
Each Engineering department has its own complement of specialized computers, which are used for research. Faculty, students, and staff now have access to the Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center (MGHPCC), a data center dedicated to research computing.
Northeastern’s residence halls have reliable, high-speed ResNet connections in every room. Wireless network service is available everywhere on the main Boston campus, including classrooms, administrative areas, and common spaces. Current students and faculty may use the Northeastern University VPN to make a secure connection to the campus network from off-campus locations.
Contact Engineering Computer Center
Common areas handled by COE Computer Center include:
- COE’s Virtual Lab environment (VLAB) & Access to NUNET Azure Labs
- Help with COE user accounts, password reset, other basic user account issues
- Email services: COE accounts, group mailing lists, and shared mailboxes
- Consultation for purchases of new University computer hardware for COE faculty/staff/students
- Configuration and setup of new computer hardware for faculty/staff/associated students
- Reconfiguration or reinstallation of existing computer hardware for COE faculty/staff/students
- Troubleshooting NUNET or COE-managed computers for hardware/software issues
- Supported operating systems include NUNET and COE-managed Linux or Windows
- Software installation on NUNET or COE-managed computers
- Liaisons to COE and other University technology partners
- Recommendations for student personal computer purchases
- Network connectivity via Ethernet (wired) connections
- Software license hosting services
- Server room hosting for faculty research computing (space permitting)
- Provide and manage COE network storage of data
- Management of public lab spaces (e.g. 268 Snell Engineering)
Each semester, the Engineering Computer Center hires Part-Time student workers to support COE public labs and ECC staff members. This is a great way to learn, earn and help other students. You may obtain additional information by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COE IT Staff
|Greg Anderson||Associate Director|
|James Jones||Associate Director|
|Hamad Rehman||Sr. Systems Coordinator|
|Jonathan Anderson||Sr. Systems Coordinator|
|John Furtado||Systems Coordinator|
|John Khan||Systems Coordinator|
|David Louis||Systems Coordinator|